Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Seattle, WA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Developer Programs Engineer, Node.js – Passionate people are everywhere at Google. In Developer Relations, we are excited to collaborate and connect with the communities that love technology as much as we do. Part community manager and part developer advocate, Developer Programs Engineers collaborate with developers at conferences and online, and advocate for developers interests internally at Google. Not afraid to be hands-on, you write sample code and client libraries as well as participate in developer forums and support queues to troubleshoot and debug coding problems developers encounter. Internally, you work with product engineering teams to improve our products by conveying feedback from developers, reviewing API designs, and testing new features. Chrome, Android, App Engine, HTML5, and our core G Suite and Ads APIs are just some of the platforms you promote and support.
The Google Client Libraries team is responsible for producing open source developer SDKs for Google APIs and services. We support hundreds of APIs across 8 languages, and provide the first interaction many developers will have with Google’s platform. Our goal is to provide delightful language idiomatic experiences to developers across the world. We’re looking for an experienced Node.js engineer to help develop npm modules that create a lovely developer experience.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Write client libraries, samples and other developer tools to improve the developer experience of using Google’s platforms and APIs.
- Assist third party developers in troubleshooting their integrations with Google APIs and use of other Google developer products.
- Manage and participate in developer discussion forums, and work to address issues raised in these forums.
- Build strong ecosystem for developer products by blogging, writing technical articles, making presentations at developer conferences and working with local and international developer communities.
- Experience developing on a cloud computing platform.
- Full-stack or back-end application development experience.
- Experience automating and scaling web or mobile back-ends.
- Experience as a contributor to an open source project and experience developing on a cloud computing platform.
- Strong full-stack or back-end application development experience.