Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Visual Designer – At Google, Visual Designers weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible. As a Visual Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the Google design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
Our team is interested in our users and strives to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, content strategists and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Design one or more of Google’s consumer facing products.
- Create a look consistent with all of Google while pleasing our users.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Market and promote products and features so users understand what they’re getting and what the benefits are.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across different platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
- Experience in industry standard design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
- Knowledge of technical constraints and limitations as they apply to design for platforms such as desktop and mobile.
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, manage workloads and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to build good working relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills.